10 AMAZING FACTS ABOUT PANAMA
It’s now known that one of the stops during the upcoming 2020 Cruise dedicated to the Company’s 9th anniversary is the Republic of Panama, one of the most picturesque countries in the world.
It’s now known that one of the stops during the upcoming 2020 Cruise dedicated to the Company’s 9th anniversary is the Republic of Panama, one of the most picturesque countries in the world. This country can give you splendid memories to cherish through life.
1. Did you know that the country got its name after the hats that the workers were wearing while constructing the Panama Canal?
2. Panama Canal is one of the world’s miracles. Ships crossing the Canal are a grandiose thing to witness if you consider yourself a true adventurer. There are special viewing points, and a museum dedicated to canal building.
3. Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sunrise over the Pacific ocean and sunset over the Atlantic ocean. Visiting this country means an opportunity to swim both oceans!
4. There are beaches in Panama that are found to be one of the most beautiful in the world. White-sand beaches and turquoise waves of the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean are waiting for you.
5. Panama is a perfect place for diving. Here you can meet hump-backed whales, dolphins, different species of sharks, morays, reef groupers, mantas, sponges, and corals. Portobelo national park is known to be one of the best spots for diving.
6. Do not forget to taste local food such as ceviche (fried shrimps with spice) or fufu (boiled starchy food such as bananas or cassava)
7. Panama coffee is one of the best in the world. It can be found in every café in Panama, and you will be offered to taste the drink before buying it.
8. Panama Rum is one of the widely known in the world. It was widely popular among pirates a couple of centuries ago. Do not forget to taste local rum Ron Abuelo.
9. Canoeing the Chagres river is one of the best ways to see the locals. There, hidden in the jungles are the straw cabins of the Embera tribes which are aboriginal people of these lands.
10. The best souvenir to fetch from this adventure is Indian mola, a hand-made textile. Creating a mola is a tedious process that can take up to a month that is why it is can be quite expensive. The best place to get a mola is in the Indian villages.
*Be advised that only those Associates who have fulfilled the Terms and Conditions of the Special Offer can attend the corporate events held during this cruise. This is also true of receiving special gifts from the Company. Let’s be compliant with the requirements of the Special Offer, as they are quite easy to fulfill this year.
*You are responsible for your own insurance. APLGO highly recommends buying travel insurance for each participant beforehand.